Summer learning loss is a significant concern for many parents today. Modoc Joint Unified School District is excited to partner with the Modoc County Office of Education’s SEALS After School Program in providing a summer learning experience that’s rooted in discovery, fun, and challenge. Our goal is to provide students with a fun and challenging experience that will reverse the effects of summer learning loss, close learning gaps, and jumpstart students into the next school year. Each day, students will work together to boost their academic abilities, plan and execute projects, and have fun learning more about their world and their potential. Students will explore new subjects, learn new skills, and develop skills needed to transition to the next grade. We have also planned multiple field trips where students will be able to visit a variety of local and out of town learning environments. Our Jumpstart program is...
● Designed for students entering 1st-8th grade during the 2023/24 school year
● Project-based learning rooted in inquiry and the Common Core Standards
● Credentialed teachers and Instructional Aides working with students to guide their learning
● Field trips combined with fun and enriching activities
● Free breakfast and lunch provided daily as part of the federal summer food program
● Small group instruction targeting fundamental skills in the areas of math & ELA
● Option to attend SEALS After School enrichment program
This program is a privilege. Poor behavior and/or poor attendance will not be tolerated. If a student violates their privilege to participate in the program, they will be dismissed.
In order to effectively tailor this summer learning opportunity to the needs of students, we must have a firm idea of who will be attending. There are limited spaces available, so signups will end on April 14th. If you are interested in your student attending our 2023 Summer School Program, please access the following link to sign your student up http://bit.ly/3ylqkvb or complete & return the bottom portion of this letter. Attendance is critical for student success in any endeavor. Students must have perfect attendance prior to each weekly field trip in order to be eligible to participate in the trip.
If you have additional questions or any problems with the link, please call (530) 233-7201 ext. 201